Friday, December 07, 2007

64 is 25

no less than cnn.com is marking the 25th anniversary of...

THE Commodore 64!

Never had one. My best friend did though. I think it was around the same time that I was messing around with my favorite computer...the Timex Sinclair 1000.

My friend had hundreds of games. The C64 was fairly easy to hack, and, if you really needed to, you could go out and buy software that would pirate the disks you couldn't pirate yourself.

Nowadays, I can play Zork on my gametap account and marvel at what used to be the cutting edge.

Many summer afternoons were spent in my friend's basement playing the C64. Then at school I used to stay late in the computer lab with a bunch of friends and play on the TRS80 model IIIs that they had. Usually, the janitor would kick us out at 5 or 5:30.

I'm old, aren't I.

Happy Birthday!

No comments: